Discover the world’s most visited multi-sensory experience.
Venture into an exciting new world; forego all preconceived ideas of traditional museum visits, dispel all notions of tiptoeing through silent art galleries to view masterpieces from afar, change how you engage with art. Vitalize your senses and challenge your beliefs in a completely unique, stimulating Vincent van Gogh experience.
Be prepared for a vibrant symphony of light, color and sound, combined and amplified to create what visitors are calling “an unforgettable multi-sensory experience”. In an instant, Van Gogh Alive transports visitors to another time and place, immersing them in the artists’ world. Adults and children alike, wander throughout the space, exploring nooks and crannies and engaging with the experience in a manner that transcends traditional installations.
Explore the work and life experiences of this prolific artist during the period 1880 to 1890. Interpret his thoughts, feelings and state of mind during his time in Arles, Saint Rémy and Auvers-sur-Oise, the locations where he created many of his timeless masterpieces. See these works in hyper-fine detail, with special attention paid to key features, allowing you time to study color and technique. Photographs and video have also been augmented with Van Gogh’s works to demonstrate his sources of inspiration.
Synchronized to a powerful classical score, more than 3,000 Van Gogh images at enormous scale create a thrilling display that fills giant screens, walls, columns, ceilings and even the floor – immersing you entirely in the vibrant colors and vivid details that constitute Van Gogh’s unique style.
HOSTING THE EXPERIENCE
- Under license from Grande Experiences
- Commercial terms and pricing are subject to duration, venue and operational requirements
- Our SENSORY4™ system is ideally suited to venues of approximately 500-1000 m² (5,000-10,000 ft²), however, the system is highly adaptable for both smaller or larger spaces.
- Our SENSORY4™ system is ideally suited to minimum ceiling heights of approximately 5 m (16 ft), however, the versatility of our system allows for both lower or higher ceilings.
- Freight consists of 1 x 12 m (40 ft) and 1 x 6 m (20 ft) containers (subject to change, based on freight origin)
- Installed with on-site supervision by Grande Experiences technicians
Auckland, New Zealand
The Dali Museum, St Petersburg, FL
WHAT IS SENSORY4™?
Developed by Grande Experiences, SENSORY4™ is a unique system that combines multichannel motion graphics, cinema-quality surround sound and up to forty high-definition projectors to provide one of the most exciting multiscreen environments in the world.
SENSORY4™ can transform any exhibition space to create a dynamic, informative and visually spectacular experience. Incredibly detailed images flow through the mass of projectors and merge with digital surround sound to saturate the space in a breathtaking immersive display.